Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy weekend

Hubby came home from Hawaii on Saturday morning...yeah! He had taken the red eye from Honolulu the night before poor thing. He is so sweet. He brought presents for everyone. And I like presents...He got me a pair of True Religion jeans. Did I mention he is good at picking out things for me? He brought shirts for the girls and Hayden, so everyone was happy.
I knew hubby was tired and needed to sleep, so I had planned to go help a friend paint her living room while Hayden and daddy napped. At 10 am Hayden was yawning, so I put him down, and told hubby to go to sleep, and then I left. Three hours later I came back and they were both up( my husband looking very tired). Hayden never went to sleep!!! Did I feel bad?
So, I took Hayden with me to go grocery shopping, and of course he fell asleep in the car ride over there, and actually so did I...Has anyone ever fallen asleep at a traffic light? Very strange feeling. I was in a long line of cars when the light turned red, and before I knew it I was the first in line to go and the light was green and the car behind me was honking. I actually fell asleep at the wheel for a few seconds. See what sleep deprivation can do to you...or maybe I am trying to do too many things in one weekend. My God, that was pretty crazy.
The next morning the hospital called and woke me up at 5:45 to ask if I wanted to work a 12 hour shift in ICU. Did I feel slightly homocidal?
Needless to say I didn't go in to work. Instead hubby and I took Hayden to the Santa Barbara zoo to spend some much needed family time together. Hayden had a blast, and so did we!

2 comments:

  1. Fyfan, du är inte klok Monica, tänk om en olycka skulle hända!!

    Har du börjat jobba på akuten igen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha,ha...tur att man ar en bra bilforare da.
    Ja, jag jobbar ibland....gar inte pa schema utan jag ringer och sager att "ja, nu i helgen kan jag jobba om ni behover mig". Sa jag jobbar 1 ibland 2 helger i manaden.

    ReplyDelete