Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Waiting in line for the computer

I have been in Sweden for a week now and today is the first time I could sit down by the computer and write. The reason is that my teens have been monopolizing my parents computer. They both have a girlfirend respectively boyfriend back home, and therefore they just "have to talk to them all the time". They're on facebook, skype, msn messenger, aol, my space and God knows what. And the few times I could have been able to write something then I have had people looking over my shoulder "Are you almost done?". Did I mention my parents appartment is pretty small, and the computer desk is facing the kitchen table where everyone is sitting. I am about to get just a little bit claustrophobic....
So, my first week went by in a blurr. Had jetlag for a few days and the weather wasn't great, but now it seems like it's turning around. Went in to the city yesterday. Took the train. My 20 month old Hayden was so excited to go by train that he got upset when we had to get off. Oh well..the poor thing is used to go by car door to door everywhere we go. Anyway, bought a pair of cute shoes in town and had a swedish "tunnbrodrulle" a swedish junk food dish made with a thin tortilla lika bread filled with mashed potaotes, a hotdog and shrimp salad!!! Sounds pretty awful, but it tasted god at the time. Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment