Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Busy Week

I try to find some time to go on my laptop to check mail, check my facebook, write in my blog, etc, etc, but for some reason or other this week has been just crazy. I worked Saturday, and when I do it's a 12 hr shift and I am good for nothing afterwards. So, I thought I would catch up on Sunday, but it didn't happen. My mother in law was coming to visit for a week, and she was bringing her 7 year old granddaughter. Needless to say we had to clean house, go grocery shopping, and set up the guest bedroom. So, there was my weekend. On Monday we spent the morning together with granny and then I had to take my 15 1/2 year old to the DMV for her permit test. That was a nightmare. We are waiting in line and finally it was almost our turn when the power goes out. I couldn't believe it. So, the clock is ticking and I know I had to get my daughter back to school, and get myself back to my visitors. Nobody has any answers as to why the stupid power went. I try to ask the "the not so smart" government worker if my daughter can take the test while we wait for the computers to come back on and do the actual paperwork afterwards. Mind you, the test is done the oldfashion way by bubbling in the correct answer on a scantron. God forbid we should try to be creative and save time. The lady told me that "No, we can't let her take the test before the paperwork. She has to pay first and be entered into the computer."
" Well I understand, but this is an unusual circumstance, and there are so many people waiting. Why not try to get some things done that can be done without the computers running.?" No such luck. We waited for an hour and finally the computers were up and running. By the time my daughter finally received the test, she was so stressed out the poor thing, but she passed. So, watch out everyone. Tighten your seatbelts and get out of the way for here she comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment