Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Getting back to normal

It's been a few days since my sister and her family left. It's been quiet and the house feels kind of empty. How the hell that's possible, I don't know, with two teenage girls and their boyfriends, a 20 year old with friends that come and go, a toddler, and my husband and I. I guess I miss them already. Not that I'm in any way disapointed to have my house back, on the contrary. Finally the toddler is out of our bedroom after sleeping with us for three weeks. The girls have their rooms to themselves and no longer need to share with cousins. It's just that for three weeks I was in Sweden and lived in close quarter with my parents and then I came home and 4 days later my sister arrived. So, I have been accustomed to a hectic and crowded schedule, so now when it's quiet I don't know what to do with myself.
I have kept busy since they left last Thursday...I spent the whole day on Friday cleaning house, on Saturday I did some more cleaning, some laundry, and yes I spend a few hours resting by the pool. On Sunday I worked for the first time in 2 months...that felt weird. I had gotten used to the lazy lifestyle. And today I had organized a playdate for Hayden at our house. I had 6 other toddlers at my house, with their mothers of course. We swam in the pool, we played with sand, we colored and played with playdough. And of course we ate... and after the last two guests left Hayden begged me for his nap. Was I ready or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment