Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Going Places

I had a couple of busy days. On Sunday we went to Santa Barbara. It was a gorgeous day, and my husband, the toddler, and the youngest teen took my sister and her family to show them something other than our backyard pool. Santa Barbara is such a quaint little town with a lot of ambiance. Us adults had planned to walk around for a while and then find a cozy place to have lunch. The kids however, as soon as we got out of the car, "We are hungry"! Hello, that's why we told everyone to eat a good breakfast. But, of course, like good parents, we didn't want our poor children to starve so we found a small Hawaiian Grill which served burgers and salads. It was ok, but not great. Then we walked down State Street down to the pier, and there were so many nice places we could have stopped at. On the pier itself they had a couple of seafood places. Next time I will not listen to the kids. You didn't eat your breakfast, tough, you'll just have to wait.
It took us 45 minutes to get to Santa Barbara, but 2 hours to get home. We got stuck in the worst beach traffic ever. I will never go in that direction on a Sunday in the middle of summer. Everyone goes to the beach on Sundays....why didn't I know this after living here for 20 years? Next time we'll go up on a Saturday or midweek.
Monday we realized we were low on food and other neccessities such as toiletpaper, so we went to costco to stock up. Well, did we ever...! Our cart was full to the brim and $415 later we were on our way home. But, we're a big crowd, so the food goes quickly.
Today I took my family to the beach and then I took Hayden to a playdate...a lot of driving but it was worth it. I think everybody was happy with their day.
Tonight all the young girls are going out for some Thai food and then our oldest daughter, the 20 year old, is taking them all to Hollywood for milkshake at some famous milkshake place!!! What do I know? I have no clue where all the hot places are. Us adults are staying in our backyard for some barbequed steak and potatoes and of course some wine...we're so boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment