Friday, November 27, 2009

On to the next Holiday

The toddler is sleeping, my husband is out playing raquetball, and the teens are out and about. Ahhh, peace and quiet...what a scarce comodity in this house. I am enjoying this moment to the fullest.Well, thanksgiving came and went, and my fall decorations have been put away...phew, we survived yet another holiday. I think I will take a day off before trees, lights, and santas will take over our house for the next six weeks or so.

Don't take me wrong. I love christmas and the whole decorating, gift buying and giftwrapping craziness. I feel like a kid in a candy store. Can't wait to get my trees (yes we have two) out of the attic and have the kids decorate one and my husband and I do the other. I realized we had to have two trees the first christmas we celebrated together as a blended family. Just imagine having christmas decorations from two households being placed on one tree because all the kids had to put their favorites on. And when I, to my horror, saw some of the decorations that my sweet bonusdaughters had accumulated I knew I had to do something. We're talking all disneycharacters and strange looking pig ornaments. Didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. After all the ornaments came from their late mother who had a huge pig collection. I could live with the pig teapot. That was cute, but I couldn't come to terms with a christmas tree full of pigs. So, hence the second tree came in to play.

So, now the kids can happily put whatever they like in their tree, and I can have mine beautifully decorated in gold and burgundy. Simple, tasteful, and elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment