Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Parties

I am tired today. We had a christmas party here last night, and we didn't go to bed until 2 am. We started at 8 pm after the little one had been put to bed, and the party ended around 1:30. Not too long ago, 1:30 am would have seemed very early, but having been sleep deprived for the past two years certainly takes its toll.

We had fun though. There was a lot of food, and I had bought a lot of wine and I had also made homemade "glogg" which is a Swedish spiced wine that you drink hot. I thought, well, so what if I bought too much alcohol. It will last us through the holidays...not so. We pretty much drank it all. We had some fun discussions around the table, and we all laughed a lot. I love having people over sitting around the table eating and drinking and having wild discussions. Nowadays it's kind of hard for us to go places because the little one gets tired around 8, so I prefer putting on the parties at home. And of course one doesn't have to worry about driving home. That's a huge plus.

The little one woke up at 7 am, so there was no sleeping in...well, at least not for my husband who was a sweatheart and got up with him to let me stay in bed longer. Not that I really slept, but I stayed in bed for another hour. It's interesting how we adapt and learn to get away with less sleep. We even went christmas shopping in the afternoon with the toddler in an insanely crowded mall. And to boot, I took my 16 year old out driving afterwards. She is testing at the end of the month and need all the driving practice she can get. Oh, what don't we do for our kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment